If you’re in the market for a banjo, the Pyle PBJ60 is an excellent option. This product is beautiful, sounds great, and easy on the budget.
Whether you’re a beginner just learning the ropes or an expert player, you’d want a quality instrument without paying an arm and a leg, right?
Pyle PBJ60 Features
The Pyle 5-Stringed Geared Tunable Banjo PBJ60 is mainly made of mahogany with a glossy finish. It has a REMO M1 drumhead and Shabili wood body.
The white jade machine head tuner key pegs and chrome-plated hardware give this banjo a sleek and professional look. The fingerboard is made of rosewood, making it really comfortable to play.
At just 7.8 lbs the Pyle PBJ60 is also conveniently lightweight so it’s great for kids or travel. The drum’s diameter is 11.4” and is 2.75” high. The 22 fret fretboard is 19.4” and the entire banjo stands 37.9” tall.
This banjo has an amazing tone. Whether you play bluegrass, country or folk music, it definitely gives you those classic 5 string tones you know and love.
If you’re a beginner, this is a perfect banjo for learning to tune and play. Not only does it play wonderfully, but it also looks great doing it.
It does, however, come requiring some minimal setup but its not too technical. Your local guitar shop can adjust your new banjo for a small fee. Alternatively, you can use the universal truss rod adjustment tool (included) and a quick YouTube tutorial and do it yourself.
The banjo also comes with a maple wood bridge that’s easy to set up. Its look is a modern take on the classic banjo style. This banjo also features a geared 5th tuner. You don’t usually find this feature on banjos in this price range, so I find that impressive.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- A very reasonable price for what you’re getting
- First-rate sound and tones
- Geared 5th tuner
- Lightweight, easy to take anywhere
- Needs to be set up either by a pro or DIY
What Other Customers Think about Pyle PBJ60
- A music student avises others looking for a banjo that’s lightweight and easy to play, and at the same time budget-friendly, to buy the Pyle PBJ60 Banjo.
- One customer bought this banjo as a Christmas gift, and even though it wasn’t properly assembled, it was still a great holiday surprise. As it turned out, the receiver was pretty good with his hands and put it together in no time at all. Since then he hasn’t stopped playing.
- A beginner in banjo playing purchased this model online, and she was happy it was shipped in pristine condition. She adds that she feels it’s worth much more than the price she paid for it. Being a beginner, she feels that was the right choice, and starting with a more expensive banjo would’ve been a bit of an excess.
- A mother bought this banjo as a Christmas gift for her son. She mentioned that the instrument needed some adjustment, but that wasn’t a problem. She looks forward to seeing her son’s reaction when he gets his gift!
When weighing all your options, this banjo is an exceptional choice. After researching different banjos on the market, We feel that with the Pyle 5 String Geared Tunable Banjo PBJ60, you get the look, feel and features of a high-quality instrument, without the high price tag.