Want to get a new banjo but don’t want to break the bank, the 5-string Washburn Americana B9 is your solution.
It’s affordable but doesn’t compromise quality. Its tone is original. Also, its durability and the make itself will blow you away. It’s also easy to carry around.
Washburn B9 Description
Washburn Americana B9 is one of the best options in the market as it combines the magical mix. It’s affordable, which is always good! It has good tone, durability, and its make itself will blow you away.
Washburn B9 Features
Washburn Guitars’ history is very rich and long. They’ve been in this industry for over 200 years of manufacturing Banjos. They can deliver high-quality banjos without affecting the price. Definitely, they didn’t lose their touch with time.
Type & Style
The Washburn B9 is a 5 String banjo. The 5-string banjos are widely used as they give you the chance to hit high notes and get a variety of tones.
It has two styles, Rosewood and Alternative Engineered Wood. You can pick the finish and style that reflects your personality and play your tone whether Bluegrass or Country.
Its resonator is made of Mahogany and edge is made of aluminum. It has a Chrome armrest to help you be more comfortable while playing.
It has 11 grooved tension hoop, authentic Remo head, Geared 5th string planetary Tuner, and die-cast tuners with Pearloid buttons for smooth tuning. Its Ebony-tipped Maple Bridge reinforces its authentic articulation.
Who would say no to these features with this affordable price!
Advantages & Disadvantages
Below are the main strengths and weaknesses of the Washburn B9 banjo based on our rigorous evaluation criteria, as well as customers’ experiences.
- Easy to install
- Its resonator highlights the classic tone
- Comfy mahogany neck
- You will have to install the bridge yourself. / You might need to change the bridge.
- The pot doesn’t stay tightened all the time
What Other Customers Think about Washburn B9
- One customer mentioned that Washburn B9 banjo is good for beginners. She likes the way it looks and how she can reach the frets. She didn’t seem too happy about needing to finish the installation of the bridge. However, she’s recommending it to everyone.
- Another one says Washburn B9 enjoys both Quality & low price. She explains that this banjo gives you the perfect tone. It has high clarity and the volume is just right. Adding that the bridge comes with it is medium quality, however, she believes the strings aren’t the best.
- When it comes to price evaluation, one user said she wanted to get a good banjo at a decent price, and this one is a perfect choice.
- Some buyers focus more on how quality and style. A gentleman said he liked its sound. He found the finish and appearance amazing. And after a few weeks of using it, he relates that its endurance is not bad at all.
To sum up; Washburn Americana B9, Resonator Banjo is a good match for beginners. It has almost anything you’d need to break your way through with banjos.
The weight is not too heavy to carry it on the go and not too light to feel the grasp. The aluminum cast helps to strengthen the sound than some other materials used by other brands.
You shouldn’t forget how durable it is until you decide to move to something else. The quality with a good price made by a great manufacturer. Its finish is nicely crafted.
You will enjoy the tune you wish to play, and it’s convenient while playing.